Thursday, February 22, 2007

Day 2, February 22nd. 2007

Day 2 – Ezra 1:5-11

“Everyone whose spirit God had stirred” participated in the work of rebuilding the temple. Ironically, this included Cyrus, the Persian King, who gave all the temple furnishings that had been stolen from Israel by the Babylonian king, back to Israel! Clearly, God had stirred his heart. Even those who didn’t return to Jerusalem for the rebuilding effort supported the work with gold and silver. I love this sense of mutuality – this sense of support that unfolds as those who stay and those who go share together in the work.

Oh God who stirs our hearts, grant that I might have the ears to hear, and the hear to respond when your Spirit is calling me to action. May I hear your voice calling me, when you speak to me of opportunities, be they large or small. And when I’m not called to front line activity, grant that I might find ways to support and encourage those who are, through gifts of prayer, affirmation, finances, and however else you might lead. You’re doing so much in our church and our city. Teach us all how to hear voice and support one another in the works to which we’re called. In Your Name, Amen.

(Think of a work at Bethany to which you’re not directly called. Now pray for that work, and perhaps send a note of encouragement to the leaders of that ministry. If you don’t know who the leaders are, send it to staff@churchbcc.org and we’ll get it to them)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home